Saturday, June 29, 2013

Day 29: Favorite Show Or Concert

First off, sorry this is going up really late today.  My friend and I went to the late movie last night and I didn't get in until 1:00 AM.  And I'm fast finding out I may not longer be built for nights like that.  (Quick review:  The Heat had a lot of language, but it was very, very funny.)

Anyway, today's about the best concert or show we've seen.  I've been to a ton of concerts and shows.  My first was The Judds and Oak Ridge Boys when I was four.  While I don't remember it clearly, it does still come to be in bits and pieces because it was something I truly loved.  My maternal grandparents would take me to see a show every year when I was younger.  Sometimes a concert, usually a touring company of a Broadway show.  I've even been lucky enough to see several Broadway shows in New York.  So, trying to think of my favorite is difficult because there are a lot of variables.

Recently, my favorite concert was Pentatonix.  They were so good live!  Each member is ridiculously talented and they blend so well.  (Plus, I have a pretty massive crush on Avi and his beautiful, deep bass.)  My favorite concert ever remains James Taylor, whom I also saw with Amber.  Our decision to go as a side trip to our planned vacation to Charleston was one of the best decisions we ever made.  He sang for two wonderful sets, the crowd was so much fun, and it was just the best thing ever to see an artist our dads raised us on.  His voice is still as good as it ever was.

When it comes to theater, my best overall experience was when my friend, Chris, was in The Lion King, and we got to not only see him perform as Simba, but were taken on a backstage tour.  I doubt any experience with the theater is going to top that one for me.  But my favorite show is actually the very traditional Broadway fare of 42nd Street.  It's the tapping.  I can't do it, but I really, really love to watch it!

Okay, that's enough for me.  Make sure to link up!  Only one day left of the Challenge!


1 comment:

  1. Well, I must say my favorite concert(s) is any of the tim McGraw shows I have seen. A close second is Keith Urban. We used to live about an hour outside of NYC so we went into the city often for Broadway shows. I have seen many, but Phantom is probably still my favorite, and I have seen it several times. The music is the best, the love story, the sadness... all so well done on a live stage. Second: Miss Saigon perhaps.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...